Fans Spellbound by Fantastic Beasts Anticipation

Bradley Ritterbush, Staff Writer

With the upcoming release of the new movie trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, fans are ecstatic to get into the Harry Potter groove again.

“I am very excited to see the American side of the Wizarding World.” said Gabe Mayo, senior.

“I like the idea of the Harry Potter universe continuing to exist in our current day and age, but I also think that you can make too much of a good thing. I hope Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them is a good enough movie to stand alone from the original eight books and movies,” said Chris Cole of Pocatello, former Century High School broadcast teacher.

Deanna Larsen of Pocatello said, “I am so excited that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them gives the new generations a fresh introduction into the Harry Potter world. The movie is also about the American wizards, so it brings the magic home.”

The first viewing of the new movie trailer was posted to YouTube on Sept. 28. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is set to premiere in theaters on November 18, 2016.

Fans of the Harry Potter books and movies are also very excited to see J.K. Rowling’s work back in theaters.

“I’m definitely a big fan of Harry Potter. Harry Potter helped me escape reality when I needed to growing up. It is a big part of my life, and there is still something more to the series if you continue to read the books,” said Cole.

“I have been a huge Harry Potter fan for at least sixteen years. I’m a fan of the books and movies, and I wouldn’t mind, while they’re at it, if they made a Harry Potter TV series,” said Larsen.

IMAX theaters will be screening all eight Harry Potter movies for a week in select areas. Beginning Oct. 13, the original Harry Potter movies will be shown in order: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of  Azkaban (2004), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011).

The Pine Ridge 10 movie theater in Chubbuck, will not be participating in the special event. The closest theater to see all eight movies is Edward Boise Stadium 21 & IMAX in Boise, Idaho.

Tickets are sold in four packages as follows: Single Ticket, Day Access (admittance to three or more shows in a single day), Four-Show Access (admittance to four shows, anytime, any day), and Festival Access (unlimited access through the whole event).

Viewers will also get a sneak peek at the new Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie at the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.